<body>
DaisyGirrrl says...
life needs retouches too




Your Ad Here


♥ BlogExplosion is gone?

= Saturday, January 31, 2009 =


Today, aside from adding a support badge for whiteknot.org on my sidebar, I have added a new code to my template. The links to my past entries. See my sidebar for the box "Past Lovelies".

As I was testing it, I came across my old post Blogmarked 4,294,967,295 times so I got curious if the numbers changed. I clicked on the blog explosion link but I got an error.

I have tried several times. And this is what I get:



I searched for other entry points, like the BlogExplosion forum, the members surf, battle of the blogs, directory, but all are showing the same message. And of course, my referral link is gone as well. I even went far on checking my internet connection, but to my dismay, my internet is working.

Is BlogExplosion down? Did they close? Permanently? If this is just a site maintenance they should have emailed its members, or at least redirect the site to a page that says so. And if they are planning of shutting it down, they should have warned us too!

I went on to investigate. And I came across HelpMeBlog.com I remember they were such a big thing for BE members years ago. And they only had 2 entries after the announcement in 2006 that BE is up for sale. Was this a sign? What's up with the new management?

I googled up if there are other blogs posting about its downtime. There are no news. I also looked at whois.net for more info and my whois search landed me with these details from GoDaddy:

Domain Name: BLOGEXPLOSION.COM
Created on: 28-Jul-04
Expires on: 28-Jul-12
Last Updated on: 22-Apr-08

Technical Contact:
Nguyen, Toan domains@liveuniverse.com
LiveUniverse, Inc.
840 Apollo Street
Suite 251
El Segundo, California 90245
United States
3104922181

I emailed them now but I'm doubting that they would respond. Or that if they are the owners of the site. It's possible that they are just the owners of the name though.

Let's hope that BE will be back. And soon. Otherwise, I stick with Easyhits4u. Although they are mostly not about blogs, and just bring on traffic. BE has a better system and blogs with great content and cooler people. *Sigh*

Simply retouched @ 11:58 PM




14 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

It looks like BE is no more. I guess it should have been expected since it seems nobody has been running the thing for a couple of years.

February 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Yeah, I just had a ticket submitted few weeks back and I got no reply until this error occurred. Well, it was good while it lasted anyway.

February 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Puffin said...

it was supposed to be up and running after 'a few hours' (that was last week) but several days have gone by now.

i think it might be gone for good, which is sad because i've been using BE for quite some time.

February 2, 2009 at 6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Nazzz is right.

I'd almost bet money it is dead dead. BE was owned by LiveUniverse and LiveUniverse (and most of their other sites) are taking a dirt nap.

TechCrunch posted something about it (well, not BE but LiveUniverse's other sites) this morning.

February 2, 2009 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Anji said...

I've been trying to enter via the administration link I've got, but I haven't been able to log in since before the weekend. Pity; I had a few hours to spare for approving blogs this weekend....

February 2, 2009 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger asdf said...

As of right now Monday night, it's still down.

I searched for alternatives on the net and found one called blog clicker. Here's a link to it.

February 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Aww I guess there are really alot of other who dreaded this day. lol. I just hope they warned us though.

February 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

By the way, I'm about to sleep now, I'll go over and visit you guys tomorrow, k? Thanks for the comments! Keep 'em coming! XoXoX

February 2, 2009 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are just too many traffic exchange sites out there and I think nothing would be like BE. Too bad they're gone.

February 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger John Finn said...

Hard to say - this isn't the first time that their site has been down/inaccessible for a few days. I think it was during a transition from one owner to another. Could be it's happening again.

February 3, 2009 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger Loïc BROHARD said...

Well I had 4000 credit left that I had just purchased a few days before "disconnection", so I hope they won't stop !

February 3, 2009 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Anony - Nothing else would be like BE indeed! And, John - But if this is just a transition from one owner to a new one then I hope they would be back soon too!

Loic - Oh my! you purchased 4,000 creds? How much was a credit anyway? I've been a member for years but I never purchased there. Hope you at least get your money back if they won't come back.

February 3, 2009 at 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, just wanted to let y'all know, BE is back :)

February 4, 2009 at 4:29 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Ohhh Wow! Thanks for the info! I'm heading to BE to check if there are changes then head on to BOTB!

See yah there y'all!

February 4, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home